Monday, May 12, 2008

The Water Closet Speaks


Just what on Earth is happening here!?! I know that Ziggy's world is strange and surreal, but we cross the line into complete surreal horror when confronted with toilet couriers. We know the drill: Ziggy gets a message from his toilet announcing mail, then retreats into the hallway where his arm turns into a coat hanger and a giant insect crawls out of his sink. Oh - joy and humor!

Can I please request that my comic strips not have toilet couriers? I'm fine with front door singing telegrams, electronic mail and even pebbles thrown against my bedroom window in the wee hours of the morning, but the bathroom is not a neutral zone. The idea of outside voices, whether human or electronic, intruding into the private recesses of the loo is unsightful and tasteless. This strip isn't even colorized. Shame, shame on you, Ziggy.


Aw - I just can't stay mad at you.

No comments: