Saturday, April 26, 2008

Queued


"I really wish Mom didn't refer to herself in the third person. Or had never bought that answering machine."

I know I've made jokes about Ziggy's mental state in the past, but rest assured that no jokes about suicide hotlines, poison control or any other emergency service will mar this commentary. The strip makes it perfectly clear that Ziggy himself is fine, but his world is friendly but skewed - that's why I like the strip.

I think it's recursion - his old rotary phone obviously has no cradle with which to hold the receiver, leading to a phenomenon called the Customer Service Time Vortex, from which nothing but saccharine muzak can escape.


Quote of the day:

"Ziggy is a small, bald, pantless, almost featureless character (save for his large nose) who seems to have no job, hobbies, or romantic partner. . ." - Wikipedia

No comments: